So odd how photographs of winter and snow can be so appealing especially during the summer, and less so in winter.
This leads me to think about types of pictures I do not like:
- Pictures of naked people in bed. If that is the cover image for a film, it will never make it to my queue.
- Nudes in general. I am not prudish but I do not like seeing the idealized human figure unclothed, be it female or male
- Boring images that look very good
- Boring pictures that look bad
- Abstract images, unless the photographer has been very clever and non-imitative
- Photographs that reveal nothing about the photographer
Picture types I do like:
- “Snapshot Aesthetic” street images, if the composition and dynamics are perfect
- Images from extreme angles and perspectives
- Images with unusual composition, that at the same time, have a deeper meaning or context
- Images with different kinds of humor, dry, ironic, etc.
- Boring pictures that look very bad
- New approaches to the usual, showing me things in ways I have never seen before
Mind you, these are just broad categories. Do not attempt to see if your work fits in one or the other because I may love your image or hate it, despite what I said above.